Up to $5,000,000 in business term loans and more for a wide range of industries.
|Product Name||United Capital Source Alternative Business Loan|
|Loan Term||3 to 10 years|
|Min. Credit Score||550|
|APR||Starting from 5%|
|Requirements||6+ months in business, $75,000+ annual revenue, 550+ credit score|
- 6+ months in business
- $75,000+ annual revenue
- 550+ credit score
First, do I qualify?
To be eligible for a United Capital Source business term loan, you or your business must:
- Be at least six months in business
- Make at least $10,000 a month before taxes
- Have a credit score of 550 or higher
- Have no open bankruptcies
What is United Capital Source?
United Capital Source is a connection service that helps small and midsize businesses find funding with flexible credit requirements. As of May 2019, it’s helped fund over $900 million in loans to small businesses across the country.
Its business term loans are unsecured, so they don’t require collateral. With this type of financing, your business can apply for amounts ranging from $10,000 to $5,000,000 with APRs starting at 5% and no fees.
If approved, you have between 3 years and 10 years to pay off the loan. There are no prepayment penalties, so your business can save on interest by paying off the loan early.
It also offers several other types of business financing, including lines of credit, merchant cash advances, SBA loans and invoice factoring.
Business line of credit
This financing option gives your business access to continuous funds similar to a credit card but with higher limits, lower rates and a deadline for paying it all back. It’s great for covering recurring costs like inventory or payroll when your cash flow gets low. Credit lines range from $1,000 to $200,000 and come with terms as long as 18 months. Rates start at 8%.
Merchant cash advance
Retailers and e-commerce businesses might want to look closely at this option. Here, your business can get an advance on future sales to smooth out your business’s cash flow and cover recurring expenses. Your business can get an advance of between $7,500 and $1 million at a factor rate starting at 1.09. You can pay it back over 3 to 18 months with a percentage of your business’s daily sales.
United Capital Source doesn’t directly fund these government-guaranteed loans but can connect you to several lending partners, similar to a business loan marketplace. The lenders it works with offer financing through the SBA 7(a) and 504 programs with amounts ranging from $50,000 to $10 million. They’re typically less expensive than your typical term loan — rates start at 5%. They also tend to come with longer terms — between 3 and 25 years.
Invoice and receivables factoring
Designed to help businesses with lots of invoices from other businesses or the government, invoice factoring lets your business get an advance on your outstanding invoices — up to 90%. Once your clients pay off the invoices, your business receives the remaining percentage, less the interest. Loan amounts range from $10,000 to $10 million with terms up to 24 months and interest rates starting at 5.8%.
Your business might also qualify for invoice financing, equipment loans and other cashflow lending solutions through United Capital Source.
What makes United Capital Source unique?
United Capital Source opens its doors to high-risk industries and poor credit business owners and can get your business the funds it needs quickly. It’s won high ratings from customers and ranked on Inc. Magazine’s list of the top 5,000 fastest-growing businesses in the country in both 2015 and 2017.
Its site is user-friendly compared to other alternative lenders. Its live chat feature can connect you quickly with a customer service representative to answer any questions you might have. And unlike many alternative lenders, it presents the rates, terms and amounts for different types of financing in an easy-to-read format.
What are the benefits of a United Capital Source business loan?
- Large amounts. Your business can borrow up to $5 million if it qualifies for a term loan.
- Cannabis friendly. This lender is one of the few financing options for cannabis businesses.
- Multiple types of financing. If you think your business might need different types of financing, like merchant credit or a line of credit, this lender can cover many of your needs.
- Bad credit options. Finding a lender willing to work with business owners with a poor credit rating can be difficult. United Capital Source can help.
- Positive customer reviews. As of May 2018, it has high ratings from customers on Trustpilot and the best grade a business can get from the Better Business Bureau.
What to watch out for
- Bank account required. Cannabis business owners that don’t have a business bank account will need to consider another provider.
- Not for startups. While your business can be less than a year old and qualify for United Capital Source funding, you won’t be able to qualify for a loan directly from United Capital Source to start a business.
- Weekly or daily repayments on some loans. This can be difficult for businesses that don’t have a steady day-to-day cash flow. In that case, you might want to apply for a program that offers monthly repayments.