Must read: In January 2019, Strategic Funding rebranded itself as Kapitus to differentiate its name from the competition. It still offers the same types of business loans it used to, including equipment financing, factoring and lines of credit. Read our full review of Kapitus to learn more about your options.
|Product Name||Strategic Funding Business Loans|
|Min. Credit Score||600|
|Requirements||Your business must be at least 12 months with a personal credit score of at least 600.|
- Business 12 months old
- Personal credit score of at least 600.
First, do I qualify?
To qualify for a loan with Strategic Funding, your business must be at least 12 months old and you must have a personal credit score of at least 600.
What is Strategic Funding?
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in New York City, Strategic Funding is a direct lender that offers small business financing through small business loans, equipment financing, factoring services and revenue based financing.
Its online application offers small business loans from $10,000 to $1,000,000.
What makes Strategic Funding unique?
Strategic Funding doesn’t take a one-size-fits-all approach to small business lending. Where other providers might stick to traditional business loans — term loans and lines of credit, for instance — Strategic Funding specializes in a range of financing that can help bridge gaps in your cash flow.
What are the benefits of a Strategic Funding small business loan?
- Online application. Get the ball rolling on your loan application with Strategic Funding’s online application form.
- Many industries accepted. Strategic Funding is willing to work with high-risk industries like automotive services, construction services, wholesalers and professional service providers.
- No collateral required. Strategic Funding’s small business loans are unsecured which means you don’t need to put your assets up as collateral.
What to watch out for
While streamlined lending based on your business’s needs is appealing, Strategic Funding small business loans aren’t without their drawbacks:
- Lack of transparency. Strategic Funding’s doesn’t offer information about its interest rates and loan terms online, and its customer service agents weren’t helpful when we asked. This means you won’t know the rates or terms you qualify for until you apply.
- Fees. Strategic Funding’s 2% origination fee isn’t as high as what some other lenders charge, but it still impacts the amount of funding you receive.