With a quick application, you could borrow up to $500,000 in a matter of days.
|Product Name||SkyCap Funding small business loan|
|Requirements||6+ months in business, $6,000+ monthly revenue, no current bankruptcies|
- Business bank statements.
- Credit card processing statements, if applicable.
First, does my business qualify?
To be eligible for financing through SkyCap Funding, your business must:
- Be at least six months old.
- Make at least $6,000 in monthly revenue.
What is SkyCap Funding?
Founded in 2007, SkyCap Funding offers working capital loans between $2,500 and $500,000 for small business owners in the US and Canada. They work more like a merchant cash advance, than your traditional business term loan. Terms vary based on your business and revenue, but businesses typically qualify for 80% to 90% of their monthly revenue for the past three months.
SkyCap charges a 3% to 6% fee that covers underwriting, ACH transfers and processing if you accept your loan offer. It also doesn’t charge interest, but instead gives businesses a fixed fee that it adds to the loan balance.
Borrowers are required to make daily repayments Monday through Friday based on the amount it thinks your business will earn during the life of the loan.
What makes SkyCap Funding unique?
Depending on your creditworthiness, first-time borrowers might not qualify for the best terms or the highest loan amounts. However, SkyCap makes it easy to get access to lower rates over time. As soon as you’ve paid off 50% of your first loan, you become eligible to renew your loan.
What does this mean for you? When you renew, you’re treated as an existing customer. You can potentially increase your loan amount, get a longer term or lower your interest rate. If you need different terms but weren’t initially eligible for them, a loan renewal could give you access to a loan that better suits your business.
What are the benefits of a business loan from SkyCap Funding?
- Quick preapproval. Before you fill out the full application, you can enter some basic information to see if your business is eligible.
- Credit plays a small role. Your personal and business credit scores aren’t the only factor SkyCap considers.
- Minimal paperwork. Unlike a traditional loan from a bank, SkyCap Funding doesn’t require large amounts of paperwork to fund your loan. Simply submit your business’s bank and credit card statements, and you’re ready to go.
What to watch out for
- Limited information available. SkyCap Funding’s website doesn’t include vital information like credit requirements and potential fees. This means you’ll have to call customer service to learn more.
- No online reviews. If you’re looking for what former customers have to say about borrowing with SkyCap Funding, you won’t find much. It doesn’t have a page with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or Trustpilot.
- Not always directly funded. SkyCap Funding funds some of its loans directly, but it might send you to a partner lender if you don’t meet its underwriting standards.
- Not great for seasonal businesses. Businesses that don’t have regular cash flow could struggle to make SkyCap’s daily repayments.