Get funding of up to $500,000 for your small business needs.
- Best for businesses with relatively low sales
- Pick something else if you want to avoid origination fees.
|Product Name||LendingClub small business loans|
|Loan Term||6 months to 5 years|
|Min. Credit Score||580|
|APR||9.77% to 35.98%|
|Requirements||12+ months in business, $50,000+ in annual sales, no bankruptcies or tax liens, at least 20% ownership of the business, fair personal credit score or better|
- Owned the business for at least 2 years.
- Currently be at least a 20% owner of the business.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident, or living in the U.S. on a valid, long-term visa.
- Have a valid bank account and email address.
- The business must have made at least $50,000 in sales last year.
- Operate primarily in the United States.
How much will this loan cost me?
LendingClub business loan come with APRs that range from 9.77% to 35.98%. This includes an origination fee of 3.49% to 7.99%, which it deducts from your funds before you receive them.
You can borrow from $5,000 to $500,000 with terms from 6 months to 5 years. Use the calculator below to find out how much a LendingClub business loan might cost you at different rates, terms and loan amounts.
Business loan calculator
See how much you’ll pay
|Loan terms (in years)|
Fill out the form and click on “Calculate” to see your estimated monthly payment.
How it works
The most favorable rates and largest loans typically go to businesses with strong revenue, several years and business and to owners with near-perfect credit. If you just squeak by the minimum requirements, it’s likely you’ll land with rates close to a 35.98% APR with a 7.99% origination fee.
What do I need to qualify?
You must meet the following requirements at a minimum to be eligible for LendingClub small business loan.
- In business for 12 months or more
- At least $50,000 in annual sales
- No recent bankruptcies or tax liens
- Own at least 20% of your business
- Not located in in Iowa
What information do I need to apply?
You need to provide the following documents when you apply — and having them on hand can speed up the application.
- Government-issued ID, such as your driver’s license or passport
- Bank statements for business accounts
- Proof of personal income
- Business tax returns
- IRS Form 4506-T
What industries does LendingClub work with?
LendingClub doesn’t work with businesses involved in the following types of business activities.
- Financial investing
- Adult entertainment
- Federally illegal activities
LendingClub partners with Funding Circle and Opportunity Fund
LendingClub and online lender Funding Circle and nonprofit lender Opportunity Fund to expand its business loan offerings. Since the partnership, LendingClub increased its maximum loan amount from $300,000 to $500,000, slightly reduced rates and relaxed eligibility requirements.
The aim of the partnership is to bring more funding to a wider range of business owners, including women and minorities.
Pros and cons
LendingClub business loans might not be right for every business. Use these benefits and drawbacks to help you decide if it’s worth an application.
- Low minimum business loan amount for an online lender
- No prepayment penalty
- Relatively low revenue requirements
- High minimum origination fee
- Relatively long turnaround for an online lender
- Collateral required on loans over $100,000