Financing up to $350,000 for physicians, dentists and veterinarians — but it’s not up front about APRs and closing costs.
- Best for licenced healthcare professionals who’ve struggled to qualify for a traditional bank loan.
- Pick something else if you want to find out what rates you prequalify for without a hard credit check.
Product Name Hippo Lending medical business loans Min. Amount $15,000 Max. Amount $350,000 Loan Term 3 to 8 years APR Not stated Requirements Licensed and currently practicing healthcare professional
How much will this loan cost me?
Hippo Lending provides loans up to $350,000 with maximum terms of eight years tailored to healthcare professionals.
However, Hippo doesn’t disclose what APRs it charges on its website. And you’ll have to submit to a hard credit check if you want to see what rate you might qualify for. You’ll also be on the hook for closing costs due at the time of funding if you decide to follow through with the loan.
Enter your loan amount in the calculator below and adjust the APR and term to see what your monthly payments might be.
Business loan calculator
See how much you’ll pay
Your loan Loan amount$ Loan terms (in years) Interest rate$%
Fill out the form and click on “Calculate” to see your estimated monthly payment.
How it works
Three main factors contribute to the cost of your loan:
- Loan term. Your loan term is how long you have to pay off your loan. The longer your loan term, the more you pay in interest. However, while you’ll pay less in interest with a shorter term, your monthly payments will be higher.
- Interest rate. This is a percentage of the loan amount that lenders charge you to borrow money. The interest plus any fees is the annual percentage rate — or APR.
- Fees. It’s common to see origination fees up to 5% of the loan amount with online lenders. Hippo Lending charges closing costs that are due at the time of funding, though it doesn’t disclose what those are.
Although Hippo doesn’t provide an exact APR range, you’ll typically find that the higher your credit score is, the lower your APR will be. If you can’t qualify for a low APR, you may be able to keep the total cost of the loan down by choosing a term closer to three years than eight.
What do I need to qualify?
Licensed and currently practicing healthcare professionals are eligible to apply. Loans can be used for a variety of commercial purposes, and you don’t need to own your own practice to qualify.
You’ll also need to meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- Verifiable bank account
- US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
- Provide a personal guarantee against the loan
What industries does Hippo Lending work with?
Hippo Lending works with licensed and currently practicing healthcare professionals, including physicians, pharmacists, dentists and veterinarians.
What other types of financing does Hippo Lending offer?
Hippo Lending offers a range of loans to qualifying healthcare professionals, including:
- Business loans. Get funds to open a practice, buy an existing one or expand one you currently own.
- Working capital loans. Get help with the peaks and valleys in your cash flow with a working capital loan.
- Medical equipment loans. Financing to adopt the latest technology or buy new medical equipment.
- Consolidation loans. If you have other debts wearing you down, Hippo Lending offers consolidation loans to lift you up.
- Online application
- Variety of business financing available
- Hard credit pull required to check your rates
- Customer service may be unresponsive
- Personal guarantee required for all loans