No-frills lines of credit up to $100,000 for almost any industry, but beware of high APRs.
|Product Name||Headway Capital True Line of Credit|
|Loan Term||1 to 2 years|
|APR||40.03% to 72.24%|
|Requirements||At least one year in business, $50,000 annual revenue, operate in an eligible state|
- Be at least one year in business
- Have at least $50,000 annual revenue
- Live in an eligible state
What is Headway Capital?
Headway Capital is an online small business lender that offers lines of credit. Credit limits range from $5,000 to $100,000, which your business can access whenever it needs funds. Each withdrawal turns into a short-term business loan with a repayment period of 1 year to 2 years — based on your and your business’s creditworthiness. These can be costly, coming with a 3.33% to 6% monthly interest rate, which translates to a 40.03% to 72.24% APR.
Your business can choose between making weekly or monthly repayments. Headway Capital doesn’t charge any prepayment penalties, so your business can save on interest by paying the loan off early. You might be charged a 2% draw fee every time you withdraw from your line of credit, depending on your state. This line of credit also comes with a minimum first draw amount of $500 for most states, though it can get as high as $5,000 or even $7,600.
What makes Headway Capital lines of credit unique?
Headway Capital’s credit lines are simple and straightforward. Businesses that need access to a small amount of flexible funds to cover overhead expenses will benefit from this the most — its $100,000 maximum is a bit low for large or even midsize operations. It provides fast funding for businesses too, providing funds as soon as the next business day. And if you have any questions, you can always reach out to its US-based customer service team.
What are the benefits of Headway Capital lines of credit?
- Risk-free application. Headway Capital doesn’t pull a hard credit check until after you’ve signed your loan documents.
- Fast funding. You can get money in your account as soon as one business day after getting approved.
- No prepayment penalties. It doesn’t front-load its interest either, so you’ll be able to save on interest by paying off your loan early.
What to watch out for
- Draw fee. Several states charge a 2% fee each time you make a withdrawal from your business’s credit line.
- First-time draw minimum. Most businesses must withdraw at least $500 the first time, though in some states it can be as high as $5,000 or even $7,600.
- Weekly repayments. Your business has a choice between weekly and monthly repayments. Weekly repayments are less flexible and can be difficult to afford if your business has spotty cash flow over the course of a month.
- Not available in all states. Headway Capital only operates in 36 states.
- Can be expensive. Headway Capital expresses interest rates as monthly interest, which might make it seem competitive at a glance, but can be as high as 72.24% APR.